With so many things to keep track of, pest control may not be at the top of your list until you have a problem. But regular inspections can minimize damage caused by pests and maintain your peaceful abode. Termites in particular, can cause thousands of dollars worth of damage, so early treatment is important. You may wonder, however, how often you should have your home inspected for termites to guarantee that any issues are resolved quickly and don’t lead to a severe infestation.
Most pest control services recommend that you have your home professionally inspected for termite infestations each year. This ensures that colonies are identified early before causing extensive damage to your property. If you see signs of termites, however, you should call a professional as soon as possible to begin the process of removing the pests from your property.
Signs of Termite Infestation
In addition to professional inspections for termites, you can personally inspect your property to identify signs of termites. Some things to look for include:
- Appearance of water damage
- Mud tunnels around the foundation
- Buckling floor or ceiling joists
- Swollen wood
- Hollow sound when tapping a piece of wood
- Maze-like paths found in wood pieces
- Random dirt trails on wall
If you notice any of these things around your home, it is a good idea to call a professional to come take a look.
All Pest Solutions exterminators recommend the Sentricon Termite Elimination System as one of the best tools for the treatment and prevention of termite invasions. Professionals will install bait stations around the perimeter of your home. Termites in the surrounding area are attracted to the poison inside and will take it back to their colonies. With this system, your home is continually being monitored and protected against a termite invasion.
In addition to installing a bait and monitoring system, you can reduce the likelihood of termites by:
- not storing firewood around the foundation of the home
- reducing moisture in crawlspaces and around the foundation
- repairing any rotting wood
- using pre-treated wood when building structures around your property
- avoid storing wood directly on soil around property
Choosing a Pest Control Service
Your home is likely your biggest investment, so regular pest control monitoring is an important service to maintain the value of your home. For this reason, you will want to choose a pest control service that provides a high level of quality. When looking at pest control services, ask yourself a few questions:
- Is the company licensed and insured?
- Does the company offer chemical and chemical-free treatment options to ensure the best path for treatment?
- Is the company reputable in the area?
- Does the service offer comprehensive solutions for my particular pest control needs?
- Are the services provided safe for my family and effective at containing my pest issue?
All Pest Solutions prides itself on providing quality services for its customers. If you are in the Nashville area, we can help you determine if you need your home inspected for termites or any other number of pest control needs. Don’t wait until an issue arises. Contact us today to speak with our team of professionals to provide a prevention plan to keep your home pest-free.